Small Workspace Inspiration - How I Keep My Studio Organised
I have had my fair share of different workspaces. Kitchen tables, co-working desks, top of the stairs hideaways, full spare room studios, and of course my old favourite - the living room floor. Through all of these different working environments I've definitely learned a few things about keeping my supplies organised (even if I'm not naturally one of the neatest of people). Today I thought I'd share a bit of that process with you, so you can see where I work and get a bit of workspace inspo for yourself.
The mad rush before a styled shoot can definitely take it's toll on my usually nicely organised studio and packing room, as you can see from this video. I definitely find it so much nicer to work in a neat space, and during a busy wedding season, we need to know where everything is quickly so we can keep up the pace of orders that you lovely lot have been ordering recently. The trouble is that I'm also a very messy worker, so it is quite the conundrum. Luckily I have lots of organised storage space, so that helps keep things a bit more manageable.
SMALL WORKSPACE ORGANISATION TIPS:
- Keep the things that you use regularly within easy reach, and then use storage boxes to organise anything else.
- Make sure everything has a place where it usually lives. An obvious one, but one that often gets forgotten. When things have a home, they're less likely to end up all over the place.
- Organise things in categories. Keep similar things together and you'll always remember where things are.
- Clear storage bins are a life saver. You can see everything you need at a glance without having to go through everything and make even more of a mess.
- Create a habit of tidying at the same time every day so that you can keep on top of everything. This is definitely some advice that I need to follow more!
- Make your workspace inspiring. Put pictures up, choose fancy storage boxes, get a fun chair - if your environment is inspiring to you then it will motivate you to keep it looking its best.
I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my workspace, if you'd like to see more of these behind the scenes type posts then let me know in the comments :)