Ready to go makeup shopping for your wedding, but feeling paralysed with too many decisions? How do you know what colours or formulas are right for you and your skin type? Never fear, Beth is back again today to share some of her bridal beauty wisdom with you, which should help you complete your wedding makeup shopping list with ease.
If you're an avid reader of the blog, you'll have seen my tips for natural bridal makeup on a budget, if not you should definitely check it out. What I didn't mention in that post, because it would have been far too long if I did, was how to pick the best products for you when you go wedding makeup shopping. That's what I'm here to do today, so you're welcome.
1. How to pick your perfect Eyebrow shade
If you're anything like me, your makeup just doesn't feel complete without a gorgeous strong brow. However, there's a difference between a strong brow and one that looks slightly over the top, which I've definitely been guilty of in the past. To avoid this, live by this simple rule: 'eyebrows should be two shades lighter than dark hair and two shades darker than light hair.' But hey, if you like a dramatic look, go for whichever you like the best, after all, makeup is art!
2. How to find the right Foundation shade
Whenever you go into a shop and look for a foundation, your first instinct is to gravitate towards the testers, which is great. Where most people go wrong is by testing the foundation colour on their hand or wrist. This is pretty much the WORST place to test your foundation, as your hands get completely different exposure to the sun than your face does. Instead, dab a tiny amount of product onto your jawline, that way you can test that the foundation matches both your face and neck.
3. How to find the best Foundation fORMULA
So you're shopping for foundation and think that you've found the perfect one, great! Before you buy, make sure to take a sample and test it out and make sure it doesn't oxidise before hand, to cut out extra expense, and avoid an orange face on your big day. If you're buying from a fancy shop, they may even give you a tester in a container so you can try the foundation out for a few days (Debenhams is the Queen of samples.)
4. How to find the best EYESHADOW SHADE for you
To make your eyes pop on your big day, depending on your eye colour, there are certain eyeshadow colours that are a must to include in your look.
- Brown eyes - Any eyeshadow shades that are purple, or have purple/blue undertones are perfect to make your eyes pop. Bronze shades are also an option, but the effect is slightly less noticeable than when using the purple.
- Blue eyes - Any yellow based gold or bronze eyeshadow shades are going to make your eyes look vibrant and even more beautiful.
- Hazel/green eyes - Anything with a red undertone is the perfect addition to a look for people who hazel or green eyes. To make this wearable for your wedding day, try a warm toned pink or orange shade.
- Grey eyes - Icy blue shades are perfect to compliment this unique eye colour, as well as hints of silver or white.
If these eyeshadow looks are a bit too dramatic to fit with your desired look for your big day, try adding them into the inner corner of your eye for a tiny pop of colour, or a bright waterline eyeliner.
5. tRY A MAKEOVER FROM A PROFESSIONAL
If you're completely baffled by all of the different makeup you're being faced with, I'd definitely recommend talking to one of the makeup artists in store and telling them about your desired look. They will help you find the products that will suit you the best, and show you how to create the look yourself. This is a great alternative to paying for a makeup artist to do your makeup on the day, but just remember to take a voice recording or video when the artist is explaining how to use the products, for future reference. Boots or Mac are definitely the best places to head if this is something you're looking to do, depending on your budget.
Thanks Beth for your sharing your beauty knowledge with us again. If you liked this post, we'd love it if you could share it with your friends, that's the best way to let us know what you'd like to see more of on the blog.